15 July to 18 August 2019, both dates inclusive.
"Qualifying Spend" means posted retail transactions which are Local Retail Transactions, Online Transactions or Overseas Transactions, charged to a Registered Card (as defined below) account and/or to the account of a supplemental cardholder of the relevant Registered Cardholder (as defined below) BUT shall exclude the Excluded Transactions.
"Local Retail Transactions" means posted retail transactions (excluding Online Transactions) which are successfully carried out in Singapore and charged in Singapore dollars to a Registered Card account and/or to the account of a supplemental cardholder of the relevant Registered Cardholder.
"Online Transactions" means posted retail transactions successfully charged to a Registered Card account and/or to the account of a supplemental cardholder of a Registered Cardholder made via the internet and processed by the respective merchants/acquirers as an online transaction type through the MasterCard International Incorporated and/or Visa Worldwide networks during the Promotional Period and which are successfully captured and posted during the Promotional Period.
"Overseas Transactions" means posted overseas retail transactions successfully carried out outside Singapore and charged in foreign currency to a Registered Card account and/or to the account of a supplemental cardholder of a Registered Cardholder during the Promotional Period and which are successfully captured and posted during the Promotional Period. Transactions that are processed outside Singapore but charged in Singapore dollars are not considered as Overseas Transactions."Excluded Transactions" means any of the following:-
- purchases at Travel Agencies and Tour Operators and Steamship and Cruise Lines of Merchant Category Code (MCC) 4722 and 4411 respectively.
- foreign exchange transactions (for example but not limited to Forex.com, etc.), cash advances, late payment charges, bank charges, personal loan charges, balance and/or funds transfer transactions, cash instalment plans, tax payments, payments at government agencies, bill payments, education and school fees, insurance premiums, donations, transactions relating to HSBC's Cash Instalment Plan, quasi-cash transactions (for example but not limited to transactions relating to money orders, traveler’s checks, gaming related transactions, lottery tickets) and any other fee charges in respect of a Card. In the case of transactions relating to instalment payment plans of any merchant, only each instalment amount charged to a Card within the Promotional Period qualifies as a Qualifying Spend, and not the aggregate amount of the instalment plan;
- balances owing on Card accounts accruing from any period that does not fall within the Promotional Period;
- transactions relating to top-ups of any pre-paid card;
- transactions relating to the trading of securities of any kind including but not limited to any top up of any cash amount required by a financial institution;
- transactions relating to payments and money transfers made through the internet (including but not limited to Paypal, SKR skrill.com) which are not Online Transactions;
- any transaction that is subsequently cancelled, voided, disputed or reversed for any reason; and/or
- such other categories of transactions which HSBC may exclude from time to time without notice or giving reasons.